High-Quality Early Childhood Assessment: Learning From States’ Use of Kindergarten Entry Assessments
This report provides action steps that principals can take in five areas to support strong standards implementation in their schools. The five areas aligned to the Wallace Foundation’s research on essential principal practices associated with increasing student achievement are:
- Shaping a vision of academic success for all students;
- Creating a hospitable climate;
- Cultivating leadership in others;
- Improving instruction; and
- Managing people, data, and processes.
The report also suggests district support that may be needed in each of the five areas and discusses challenges principals may encounter in their efforts to support teachers in implementing the standards in their classrooms.
U.S. Department of Education